Friday, September 4, 2009

Inner Drive

What I am about to share with you is probably the single most important thing I will ever share with you. Listen carefully because I know it to be true. If you do not have a powerful mindset but also an even more powerful inner drive, you will never be successful. The great news is it can be developed. It is not one of those things you either have or you don't, it is actually the exact opposite. So what am I talking about?

Recently I found myself in one of those positions I like to call "a cross road of life". I was faced with a major obstacle that for a second seemed impossible. Now, I said for a second because it had been a long time since I really was faced with an obstacle of such magnitude, but the importance of overcoming it had so much value. Failure was not an option. For a brief moment, I had forgotten what had got me to where I am today... my inner drive. Recently, I read an article in Mens' Fitness about the human wrecking machine Lance Armstrong and even though he is truly an awesome freak of nature . They said it is not his amazing physical attributes you have to fear, but his inner drive.

"There is no such word as can't!!!"

So I went to work and I went back to the basics. I did a tune up on my PURPOSE. My purpose for me has always been my kids. Recently I decided to take it one step further and said, "what if I make it about the neighbors kids, your kids," now my purpose has become that much stronger. Recently I had the honor and pleasure of hearing Author Andy Andrews,No Relation to me, speak. He said something that really hit home with me.

"I expect you to do well because my kids are depending on it. What you do affects my kid's future so I expect it of you". Andy Andrews

Wow, pretty heavy but oh so true! So here is the deal, if something is important enough you WILL get it done. If you find yourself continually falling short, not achieving your goals, you need to take a good look in the mirror. You will find that the problem is right there in front of you. Only you are responsible for your successes and failures.

I am here to tell you if you have not set your purpose, if you have not gotten it crystal clear, if you have not made it of the utmost importance to you, you will always fall short of your goals. It will always come back to your purpose and a strong purpose will create an unstoppable inner drive that will in turn develop a winning mindset. Thus I give you the formula for success. I promise you champions, if you have these 3 things.

1. Purpose
2. Inner drive
3. A winning mindset

You will not only have success in everything you do, you will be leader and you will be someone people will look towards and aspire to be.

"Dream it, believe it, achieve it, and remember it!!!"

Oh, by the way, I did conquer that obstacle and it was the sweetest victory to date.

Hope that helps.

Real is an expert at helping people achieve their dreams & Goals. You might recognize him as Lt. Taggert from the ABC Show General Hospital

http://www.realandrews.com

http://www.realmlmsolutions.com

"THERE IS NO SUCH WORD AS CAN'T!"

"Oh by the way. YOU are a CHAMPION!"

No comments: